Why this blog?

Hi. I'm Susan, a textile designer, improv comedienne and all around sufferer of anxiety. A great way to curb my anxiety is by having a conversation with a friend. Unfortunately I don't always get to ride the subway with my friends...so I make new ones. Here are some stories about the people I meet.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/19/10

Well Subway Sanity readers here is the latest...
I decided to create a questionnaire to ask people on the subway and today I got 4 responses. Take a took at what people had to say. My comments will be in parenthesis and blue.

List of questions: 1. Name/Age
2. Train
3. Where are you from?
4. What brought you to NY?
5. What is your favorite thing to do on the subway?
6. What is the craziest or most interesting thing you have experienced/seen on the subway?

MICHELLE
1. Michelle / 27 (ok, i admit. Michelle is a friend of mine. I had to test this out on someone i know.)
2. C train from Clinton Hill to Midtown
3. PA
4. School - Michelle went to F.I.T. and has been here for almost 7 years.
5. Michelle likes to "check out hot guys and make fun of people's shoes". (Watch out, she could be judging you right this minute!)
6. "One day some guy showed me his balls. It was traumatic!" (Eh, who hasn't seen a little too much on the subway?!)


RACHEL
1. Rachel / 32
2. C train
3. Upstate NY
4. A job in design brought Rachel to Manhattan. She now lives in Brooklyn and has been here for 11 years.
5. Crosswords
6. Rachel once fainted while waiting on the subway platform. She was pleasantly surprised that a half a dozen people or so all came to her aid. One man offered her the orange juice he was drinking. Another stayed with her while she waited for medical help.
(You know, people think NY is this cold place filled with mean people but when push comes to shove New Yorkers are the BEST people to have on your side.)
***Rachel went on to air her grievances about the subways. She wished people wouldn't block the doors or lean on the pole. Then she went on to complain about how the MTA does a bad job of posting service changes. I reminded Rachel that I was in no way affiliated with the MTA but I would be happy to put her complaints on my blog. So if anyone from the MTA is reading this please take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment