Why this blog?

Hi. I'm Susan, a textile designer, improv comedienne and all around sufferer of anxiety. A great way to curb my anxiety is by having a conversation with a friend. Unfortunately I don't always get to ride the subway with my friends...so I make new ones. Here are some stories about the people I meet.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1/19/10 the sequel

On my way home last night I got to interview a guy. Here are his answers:
1. Devin age 32
2. A train to Brooklyn
3. Poughkeepsie, NY
4. Devin came to the 5 boroughs 14 years ago for art school. He studied Illustration at Pratt Institute
5. He likes to read or do crossword puzzles while riding the rails. I glimpsed a Kurt Vonnegut book in his pocket.
6. Devin had two stories to tell me. One crazy and one sweet. Can you figure out which is which?
- There was a naked homeless man, with his pants around his ankles, pole dancing in the subway car. He then proceeded to lay newspaper on the ground and started to squat. The whole train, in anticipation of the homeless man's next move, scurried to the edges of the train while he relieved himself.
-Devin saw a pretty girl on the subway holding some paintings. He got up and offered her his seat. She replied that she was getting off at the next stop...as was he. They started talking and ended up dating for 1 1/2 years.

Both are pretty great stories...in their own way.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a germ-a-phob anywhere in life other than the NY subway. If you were eating a piece of candy, spit it out onto the floor, I might actually consider eating it... however, if I make hand to pole contact on the subway I am thinking the entire time about the disgusting germs crawling all over it. I feel like I need a silkwood everytime. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow 1st story disturbing but 2nd one was cute!

    ReplyDelete